-Step 1: Strategy
-Step 2: Content
-Step 3: Website
-Step 4: SEO/SEM
-Step 5: Community
-Step 6: Syndication
-Step 7: Tracking
In developing your strategy you identified specific buyer profiles, which solutions you offer that solve the problems your buyers have, and the keywords they search to find information to solve their problems. Using this information you can now begin developing content to engage these prospects. Regardless of whatever product or service you offer, people are searching out content to help them make more informed decisions.
Two Ways Creating Content Helps:
- Allows you to share value and educate others helping you build credibility.
- Creates additional content for search engines to index
People learn in various ways and by producing content in multiple formats you are ensuring that regardless of individual prospects learning style you are engaging them. Search engines also love new content and by repurposing your content you’ll continuously be releasing fresh information.
Types of Online Marketing Content:
- Written: Blog Posts, News Articles, White Papers, eBooks, Online News Releases
- Audio: Podcasts, Webinars
- Social: Tweets, Wall Posts, Discussion Posts
Now that you’ve created your content you are ready to move on to Step 3: Building a Buyer focussed Website