Most people are familiar with the basic features of LinkedIn such as connecting, groups, answers, applications, etc. There are some cool features that often get missed by the average user. Here we look at five under-utilized tricks you may not be familiar with.
One of the benefits of writing a book (in my case two books which will be released on June 1st) is that you reacquaint yourself with some features that are not always top of mind. These five feature won’t make or break your LinkedIn experience but they are useful. Drum roll please…
Add a You Tube Video to Your Profile
You can do this with either Slideshare or Google Presentation. My perspective was that Google Presentation was a little faster, but you should try both to see what works for you.
Here is how you would add a video using Google Presentation:
- Add the Google Presentation application
- Go into Google Docs and create a new presentation
- Click on Insert (top link) and click on Video
- Search for your video on YouTube and choose your video
- Click on File (top link) and choose Rename – rename your presentation
- Go back into Google Presentation from your Profile
- Click on your video and Post to Profile
When the slide show is clicked the video will play. [Read more…]